Lists!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
GCT Master Enos
GCT Master Enos's picture
On: 13 hours 4 sec ago
Lists!

I want to see lists that people are playing.
To start us off, here's my recent outings:

Master Ekusa
The Grey Pilgrim - Elixir of Vigour
Seiji
Shisa
Aiko - Prayer Beads
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer

So the point of this one is to "Power up" the Grey Pilgrim with Ki and Faith, shoot a lot of guys giving stun markers and then melee.  The Grey Pilgrim and Shisa can both attack under Ekusas Aura of Serenity too.

Master Po
Master Akari
The Grey Pilgrim
Seiji
Rice Farmer
Aiko

Trying The Grey Pilgrim out with the big boys.
Po and Akari with a little help can be almost like Samurai on the offense!

Sojobo
Kenko
Suchiro - Prayer Beads
Aiko
Rice Farmer
Air Kami
Earth Kami
Moment of Enlightenment

This is my go-to list still, I can make simple swap changes but three 4Melee monks and support seems like a good deal still.

I'm working on using out less melee capable monks, mostly the 3 melee pool guys but also Koji.
With The Grey Pilgrim and maybe Tsutsumi I think we can even out the inherent weakness in the lower melee pools and maybe get some use from the cool other abilities they have.
For this we need support, Ekusa seems likely and eats a lot of rice for work models.  Rice farmers are in as is Aiko but I want to try Seiji, Tsutsumi and maybe Hotaru as my combat types.  They need protection so my first list tried an Earth Kami and Kawa No Rojin but I think they are too much rice in this list.

Seiji doesn't get seen much, his Held ability is nice and all but he often gets to use it once then just gets killed because he has no defences, giving him Toughness (1) or Armour (2) helps a little and if you can get him to use up just 1-2 actions with his Binding Roots he's done a job worth doing.

Tsutsumi is a hard sell usually, Both his abilities are C and you can't move with them and his gun is heavy...  Its very hard to make him worth the rice but I'm giving him a go, I know using Warding Shomyo in the right place is good, its just getting him there.

Right, let me see your current lists and tell me what you're working on!

Ret-A_Palmer
Ret-A_Palmer's picture
On: 9 hours 47 min ago

I used to run a list very similar to your Sojobo list but with an extra Rice Farmer, Riku, and 2x Pungi Pit Traps instead of Sojobo.

For those who prefer the entire list format:
Suchiro + Prayer Beads
Kenko
Riku
Aiko
Air Kami
Earth Kami
Rice Farmer x2
Special Cards: Pungi Pit Trap x2, Moment of Enlightenment

It always goes to tiebreakers.

The Jumo Ring - a Bushido Blog

undead_ichi
undead_ichi's picture
On: 5 days 23 hours ago

i like the look of the ekusa grey pilgrim list , not played temple in a while will see how it goes 

cheers lej

Atrus
Atrus's picture
On: 58 min 53 sec ago

Someone may post some recent lists of Prefecture and Savage Wave in new Topics? These 2 factions seem a little forgotten ^^

I just curious about what people play with these 2 factions lately. 

Bushido its not about Killing, its about Tactic.
Welcome to the Oriental-Fantasy-Fusion Game.
http://thetempleofbushido.wordpress.com

GCT Master Enos

OK!  Here's my latest list.  I'm really happywith this so far, its a variant on my mid 2014 list and the good bit it it has 1 more model.  8 models is a big change in scenario play, just having that extra model seems to be a big advantage.

I like the support package in my old list:
Aiko
Air Kami
Earth Kami
Rice Farmer

so I wanted to leave this intact and add another model, not an easy task.  The model I wanted to add I had already decided was to be Seiji.  Seiji has been slightly poorly received since release, his abilities are obviously good but when he uses his Held ability he almost always dies soon after, if your opponent is awake.  I have had good use out of him with the Student of Master Akari card to keep him alive long enough to use his Regrowth feat but I won't have that luxury here (I'm trying to add him to an existing list so won't have the rice).  Instead I'll be relying on the extra models to keep him safe and use his Binding Roots feat from behind them (You can do this since you don't have to target anything with the feat, just choose the models).

To fit in the extra 7 rice I had to change my "Work" models, the ones who go forward and hit the bad guys in melee.  These were Sojobo, Suchiro and Kenko.  Suchiro had Prayer Beads and I had Moment of Enlightenment too.  These were the models I needed to deal with and all needed to do real work, so 4 melee monks were needed.
I started them from scratch and bought Kenko and Yumi, both on the cheap side of  4 Melee Skill Monk costs but both very good buys with slam attacks and some defensive measures.  This left enough for Suchiro, probably my favourite model to put in any list, and Seiji.

Suchiro
Kenko
Yumi
Seiji
Aiko
Rice Farmer
Air Kami
Earth Kami

I like the look of this list but right before I started playing at the event at Fanboy today (Literally just before writing out the list) I decided I really wanted some Ki manipulation.  Often a game can be decided when you can apply more pressure to a part of the battle by spending more Ki.  I wanted Moment of Enlightenment.  
Suchiro (Who has been kind of a crutch for me for some time) was out for Riku.  
Riku hasn't made a list I've played for a long while but his big advantage is that he's only 8 rice, and with 4 Melee and Parry he's a top-class combat model and at 2 Rice less than Suchiro (Who, to be fair is only a 4 melee model) which gets me Moment of Enlightenment.

The final list is then:

Riku
Kenko
Yumi
Seiji
Aiko
Rice Farmer
Air Kami
Earth Kami
Moment of Enlightenment

I'll try say something about the games later but suffice to say I won all of them 3-0.  I like this list.

Grand Master of Bushido (Smog Con '14)

Ret-MattT
Ret-MattT's picture
On: 22 hours 23 min ago

I can imagine you did. Splendid list. Especially Riku which I consider a Dark Horse. Like Suchiro he goes nowhere if he doesn´t want to. But for less Rice.

The Eagle shares the nest. The Dragon burns it. Join the Black Eagle and crush the usurpers!

GCT Master Enos

Yeah, loving re-discovering Riku.  I literally rolled all defence and did CaD all day and he worked perfectly.

GCT Master Enos

I think swapping Seiji for Kaito is my next thing to try.  He could be good for finishing stuff off with that big 2 handed farm-implement; he also has some similar control abilities like Seiji so the Rice saved is almost for free.

Da Gobbo's Grotto
Da Gobbo's Grotto's picture
On: 2 days 9 hours ago

Sorry for the v late comment on this thread but I love seeing lists and trying to gauge opinion in them. The tournaments this way seem more geared toward 42 rice, harder choices have to be made. Who would you drop? Or would it unbalance the list and a new one made?

"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. When you listen, you learn something new."
Dalai Lama

“Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain"
Sun Tze. The Art of War