i'm Krikke from Belgium and I played my very first game of Bushido on Tuesday.
I stumbled upon Bushido online a few months back and promptly ordered 2 starterkits, Cult of Yurei and Ito.
We played the Keii scenario.
I had a really fun time.
First turn consisted of movement and Kato summoning a marionette. Turn 2 the slaughter began as Itsunagi Ito caught Ikiryo off guard and promptly ended her life :-(. Kato did his instant feat 'capture soul' and a kairai militia replaced Ikiryo.
Meanwhile the temple bushi and Akimoto engaged the kairai militia and armoured kairai. The militia didn't make it but succeeded in his rise test. Akimoto died aswell
The kairai farmer was brought to 1 wound left by a ranged feat of Sakura and was poisoned. Bye bye. Ito claimed more objective points and scored 1 VP.
Turn 3 my summoned marionette was able to get in close with Itsunagi Ito and despite his defences against opposed ki tests was able to put 2 control markers on him. Epic! I made him run back and claim his friendly objective for me. My personal highlight of the game. It was just hilarious.
In combat the temple bushi and Chiyo died. My 2 kairai died. One made his rise test.
Turn 4 some more moving, brawling and objective claiming ensued. I got ahead in points and the VP score is now 1-1.
Turn 5 found Kato in combat with sakura. I thought to myself, lets try this nifty looking 'ivory prison attack'. I miraculously made the roll off. Bye Sakura.
Turn 6 my opponent wasn't able to score more objective points so end score Cult of Yurei 2VP vs Ito 1VP.
Only things left were 1 Kairai militia and Itsunagi Ito. That guy is a beast.
Ofcourse being our first game, we most likely made a lot of mistakes but we had a blast nevertheless.
A few questions:
* Melee modifiers like for being exhausted or outnumbered do mean -1 to the attack roll and not the number of dice right?
* A model who is prone can fight back with a -1 melee modifier?
* The kairai are soulless and always succeed an opposed ki test. Only the ones they initiate?
* The objectives in this scenario could be claimed even if the opponent already did?
* Ivory prison attack(2) from Kato, just checking I understood, you discard 2 dice from his melee exchange pool so you can only do this if you pay 3 ki to buy an extra dice or you can't make a roll, right?
Thank you kindly for reading and hopefully answering my questions. I apologize if there are a lot of mistakes but English isn't my native tongue.