Introduce yourself

594 posts / 0 new
Last post
JonHay

Cheers for the welcome!

The Ito do indeed look awesome- and the idea of painting snake skin appeals to me greatly...

...But as you say, it's hard to resist the Oni/Bakemono combo. Mind you, if the Tengu were available there would be no contest whatsoever!

If only all decisions in life were as 'agonising' as this one, eh!? wink

J.

undead_ichi
undead_ichi's picture

lol yes but we have only just seen the silvermoon so they are first unfortunately i 2 am awaiting the tengu and not doing so well at containing myself, 

you know the best solution to your problem is to buy both ;) lol

Toshiro13
Toshiro13's picture

Konnichi-wa!

I'm Ben and I'm new to Bushido.  I am originally from central Alabama, but currently reside in Pensacola, FL.  I am an avid minis painter.  I once played Battletech and DBA, but I'm selling out of those (and dumping the money right into Bushido).  Guess I'm on a samurai kick.  I purchased Starters for Ro-Kan, Ito, 3 more packs of minis for each, and the rulebook.  And I recently preordered Ronin and the minis going with it from North Star.

I majored in East Asian History in college, and even speak a bit of Japanese. Besides Bushido and eventually Ronin, my only other minis game right now Songs of Blades and Heroes. 

I'm Ben and I have a problem...

The Snake strikes like dawn
A burning day of dying
Before the night falls

npow34
npow34's picture

Hello Everyone.

My name is Nick. I am an avid tabletop gamer and currently play warhammer fantasy and warmachine. I stumbled onto bushido and bought the Ito clan starter right away. Ancient Japan history has always been a hobby of mine and adding in the fantasy element is too much to resist. I am hooked!!! When I was younger I saw a anime movie Ninja Scroll and this game harkened to this favorite movie of mine.

Concidered me hooked!!!

Malhorme
Malhorme's picture

Hi Nick and welcome
Where are u based?

Greeny
Greeny's picture

Welcome to the forums nick, have fun:)

npow34
npow34's picture

Thanks for the welcome. I hail from Duluth Minnesota!

Mr. Bigglesworth

Hi I'm Josh from Through the Breach Podcast. Defitnitely looking forward to giving this game a go.  My zip code is 97124.  PM me if you are interested in a pick up game.

Mr. Bigglesworth from Through The Breach podcast.

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Welcome guys, enjoy your stay and please ask if you have any questions, its quite a friendly forum.

"To a real warrior, power perceived may be power achieved."

Henrix
Henrix's picture

Welcome to bushido and these here nice forums!

Cool to see podcasters here, Josh! I look forward to good listening while painting!

And a tip! Register your location in your profile - not only can others can see it easily, but you'll also show up on the player locator*.

Ben, I'm another Song of Blades and Heroes fan. I've been thinking about making SoBH stats for Bushido figures and post somewhere.

* which sadly goes down from time to time, but is soon up again if you tell GCT_Rogue through the contact form (as webmaster).

I follow the rules of bushido. I am a bushi.

Swedish players, rally to Hokuō Bushido!

Greeny
Greeny's picture

Welcome to the forums chaps, there's quite a few of you popping up across the pond! and that's even before the boys give you some Gencon love:)

Toshiro13
Toshiro13's picture

Frankly, I'm glad to see Bushido gaining ground here in the U.S. I think with enough exposure, it could give Warmahordes a run for it's money. 

The Snake strikes like dawn
A burning day of dying
Before the night falls

Ret-CrazyFish
Ret-CrazyFish's picture

Glad to see the guys from Through the Breach here.  I heard the Bushido special 'cast and have added the show to my rotation.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil!

Oathius

Hey everyone,

My name is Austin and I live in East Kent in the UK. At the start of the year I was hooked on Malifaux by my fellow club mates, and now I'm returning the favour by getting them hooked on Bushido! I currently have the Prefecture of Ryu box set and a few other models and I'm currently browsing the other factions to see what takes my fancy to make demoing easier. Do I hold out for the Silvermoon Trade Syndicate? I'll be at TTN at the end of the month for the Malifaux GT so I could grab them then... hmmmm I want some now! haha. I also need to get working on my Bushido demo table of oriental goodness which I will be doing a blog on for you all to enjoy :D

See you around guys

BUSHIDO!

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hey Austin 

Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay. Which club do you play at?

Cheers

Toby

Oathius

I'm a committee member down at Thanet Wargaming Club :) we have started putting together some events and campaigns with Canterbury Crusaders recently so I'll have to see if I can get those guys hooked on some Bushido!

MadBobby

Hello boards, I'm Bobby.

A while back one guy who games with my club mentioned Bushido, said it was a really great Japanese themed skirmish game and we should totally buy models and play with him. Blinded by Malifaux, Infinity, and doing QA for WZ:R we kind of dismissed him, but then gencon happened and I got to see the models, and watch a demo, everyone I went to Indy with bought a crew and now there's Bushido in NYC.

I'll be playing the Temple for now, but reading the fluff in the book on the way home, I'm excited to see the Bear Clan make their debut on the table, they just make me think of George RR Martin's Lanisters.

Henrix
Henrix's picture

Welcome, MadBobby!

It seems GenCon attracted many new players - and that CrazyFish's demos attracted many!

The Temple are indeed the best. Others may disagree, but they are wrong. cheeky

We will have to wait a bit for the Bear clan, I fear. After a poll on the FB page it seems that the next faction will be the Tengu. (So I'm happy!)

Ret-CrazyFish
Ret-CrazyFish's picture

Welcome again to the boards MadBobby.  Let me take this opportunity to thank you for stopping by my demo table and buying into the game.  You won't regret it!

And mark your calendars:  Gen Con 2014 - there will be a tournament!  Details are still pending, but I assure you it will happen.

MadBobby

man, I barely had time to ogle the cosplay girls between malifaux and infinity this year, and being staff for WZ:R on top of that next year I'm going to have a very busy gencon... but that is part of the fun isn't it?

Magno

Sup folks. Been lurking here for a bit, reading the rules.
I met the designers briefly at GenCon and got a good vibe from them.
The minis are hard to dislike and the rules have some interesting elements.

A few of us in the ABQ, New Mexico area picked up some starters.

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Welcome to the Jwar isles guys. 

Ret-DasLeo
Ret-DasLeo's picture

Hey y'all.

While I've already been posting here and there or pestered Toby via email about different stuff, I've neglected to formally introduce myself.

My name is Leo and I am from the southwest of Germany (Mainz to be more precise).

I've been gaming for almost 20 years and while I was lurking around the game for a while now, it took the printed New Dawn rules to finally bring me into the fold.

I've convinced three of my friends to join me over the last couple of weeks and hope to get even more people into the game over time.

Oh, and I play Cult (almost finished with painting them all). All hail Yurei! wink

Cheers

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hey Leo,

Glad you took the plunge, welcome to the Jwar isles.

Cheers

Toby

npow34
npow34's picture

Welcome Leo!! Post those Cult pics up in the modeling area!!

Ito Soundwave Sama
Ito Soundwave Sama's picture

Hello all, Names Joe.  I just started working on my Bushido Models Yesterday by doing their basing.  As in the name I chose I chose the Ito faction.  Made my purchases at Gen Con.  Currently painting them up to be lizard people even though in the starter there is really only one cobra person.

npow34
npow34's picture

Welcome Joe! Glad to hear about a new US player!!

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Make sure you add yourselves to the player locator guys. 

Ito Soundwave Sama
Ito Soundwave Sama's picture

added myself to player location though I think the 5 of us that I know of in NY are the only bushido players.  So I think I may have to pick up some undead or savage wave eventually.

Henrix
Henrix's picture

Welcome, all of you!

You're all farawayans to me, which is sad, but it's great to see bushido gathering speed in the far west!

Ret-CWSmythe

Hey all,

My name is Chris, I am in Winnipeg, Mb, Canada. I got a quick demo of Bushido at GenCon this year and decided that it was the game I really wanted to play. I love skirmish style games, and who doesn't love awesome Asian style miniatures? 

I am starting out with Temple Ro-Kan for myself and also grabbed Savage Wave and Prefecture of Ryu starters so I can teach my friends how to play, and hopefully get everyone here in town addicted to this great new game. 

I'm also a Malifaux player, but am not loving the whole transition to 2E, it's good but feels like it lost some of the magic. I also used to play a lot of Warmachine and Hordes but they lost me when they forgot that they were a skirmish game and started rolling out bigger and bigger models and armies. 5-7 models in my warband seems just right for me, and running 30 odd stormnouns just got to be too much for me and my wallet. 

Looking forward to spending some time posting here rather than just the lurking I've been doing for the last month or so. 

Temple/Prefecture/Savage Wave
Winnipeg Retainer

GregMc

Hey Chris,

Good to see another Winnipeg player. Three of us (that I know of in the city) have played pretty regularly for the past few months. Luckily we've eached picked a different faction (Prefecture, Cult of Yurei and Ito), plus I have some Savage Wave models (gotta love Onis). And I can't wait to get my hands on the Minimoto when they are released. The only problem is getting models in Canada as well as supporting our LFGS.

We also play Malifaux, although we're more optomistic about 2E. I used to play Hordes but the increasing number of infantry and size of the new models has put me right off. Also I really dislike the IGoUGo turn structure.

Looking forword to getting some games in with you in the future.

Greg 

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Welcome both Greg and Chris, glad you enjoyed the demo and got into the game. Ask your LSG to get in touch regardign getting product and add yourselves to the player locator. Sounds like theres a few of you already. Ask any questions you have and enjoy your stay.

Cheers

Toby

Portal-Wargamin...

Hi all,

I am co-owner of Portal Wargaming Centre and we have recently introduced Bushido to the masses, and its growing in momentum. Visit us at the link below to find out more about us!!

Thanks for reading,

Dave (Direwolf)

Greeny
Greeny's picture

Hi Dave, welcome to the forums, it's sounds like you have a ince set-up going already, will you be popping down to smogcon next year?

Frenkee
Frenkee's picture

Holà

New player from beautiful Gatineau, Qc, Canada, and part of a quickly growing Bushido community. I love the game's models, setting and mechanics. I've already introduced a handful of players to the game through demos, and I'd like to start running events - leagues, tourneys - soon. I also like Warmachine, although I have the same issues CWSmythe mentions above, and Infinity, which offers the absolute best and worst in wargaming!

Cheers

Eskimoo
Eskimoo's picture

Hi there guys. I'm a new player from Hastings in England. I've been following the game for a while. A really cool guy here on the forums helped me paint some figures as I have bad hands and now im going to get into the game in a big way. Have already signed up for the smogcon comps without having actually played a game smiley so i have 5 months to get good *cue rocky montage*. The community is amazing and I cant wait to be a part of this forum more.

Gaz

Rudders
Rudders's picture

Look forward to meeting you at SMogcon - going to be an amazing weekend! Wecome to the board guys

Greeny
Greeny's picture

Welcome to the forums Gaz, smog-con should be fun regardless of how many games you've played by then:)

MickeAbides

Hi guys.

Micke here. Another swede on the forum. I'm working on my first starter (Silvermoon) at the moment, and Looking to pick up some Cult figs at the end of the month. I'll be playing under the awesome tutelage of Sensei Henrix and the other great guys here in Gothenburg. 
I'll try to post som WIP pics of my Silvermoon dudes (and dudette) tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to SmogCon, It would be really sweet to get two full days of Bushido. And get to know all you nutters.

Cheers
Micke

Henrix
Henrix's picture

Welcome to the forums, Micke, and see you tomorrow at the dojo. wink

Black Lotus
Black Lotus's picture

Hi, my name is Kyle. I'm from monroe, mi. I'm actually a henchman for mailifaux, out of a little gamestore, called Our House Games. My faction would be The Ito Clan. My buddies and I all picked up the starters. So we get a little veriety playing.

"Let your plans be dark and inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Eskimoo
Eskimoo's picture

Welcome aboard :)

Gaz

topflighte82

Hello kyle there is a group of us playing frequently at the game room in toledo ohio not far from monroe stop in sometime for some games mainly play on sat.

Black Lotus
Black Lotus's picture

Topflighter82. That sounds cool. There are about 5 off us that currently play. We might have to stop by oneday. One of the players up here is Spencer of the north.

"Let your plans be dark and inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Honda Date
Honda Date's picture

Hello!

I've been posting questions in the regular forum but forgot maybe I should post an introduction. I'm Drew and I'm from Monroe as well. Looking to become the retainer for our shop, which is why I have been asking many questions and studying up on the rules.

Right now I play Silvermoon. Also just got the prefecture starter to run demos. Looking forward to Tengu. It's the faction I've been waiting for. Though I also wouldn't mind if they did the Carp clan somewhere along the line.

From ages past it has been considered ill-omened by samurai to be requested as kaishaku. The reason for this is that one pains no fame even if the job is well done. And if by chance one should blunder, it becomes a lifetime disgrace.

Henrix
Henrix's picture

Welcome, guys! Cool to see so many americans joining!

Aaron D
Aaron D's picture

Hey everyone.

My name is Aaron, and I'm in Fairfax, VA, USA. I picked the game up at GenCon and have been moving ever forward in the game since. 

I run GuessingZero.com, a website dedicated to gaming (mostly tabletop). We just interviewed Odin and Toby on my podcast, A Crit of Gamers, and they were kind enough to mention it in their Wave 15 Jade Mamba Guard preview.

I look forward to talking to you all (and no longer just lurking).

GuessingZero.com

Greeny
Greeny's picture

welcome to the forums:)

Ret-CrazyFish
Ret-CrazyFish's picture

Hey Aaron, welcome to the forums.  I'm just curious, did you participate in one of my demos, or did you just talk to the lads at their booth?

Pages