Introduce yourself

594 posts / 0 new
Last post
Necra-Chi
Necra-Chi's picture

Reaper, I did start two threads on WargamerAU about this, one in Skirmish games section and one in gaming news section. Not a WargamerAU regular?

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

Reaper
Reaper's picture
Necra-Chi wrote:

Reaper, I did start two threads on WargamerAU about this, one in Skirmish games section and one in gaming news section. Not a WargamerAU regular?

Nah, I don't get on there too often. I'll be having a read through the rules, and will probably still pick up at least a couple of starter sets, if I like it. The miniatures do look very nice, and I like the setting for the game.

Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend.

Studio
Studio's picture

Hey Reaper welcome to the forums and Bushido.

May we enquire, how did you hear about/find us?

Thanks,

Studio.

Dangerousbeans
Dangerousbeans's picture

Hey,

Mark from Glasgow, Scotland here. It didn't take much persuading by MechaAce for me to pick up a Cult of Yurei starter so here I am!

I also play Hordes, Warmachine, Hell Dorado, Dark Age, Infinity, Noble Armada and, of course, Blood Bowl.

Defying Evolution Since 1983

lapiaz
lapiaz's picture

Big welcome to all the new members... 

Reaper
Reaper's picture
Studio wrote:

Hey Reaper welcome to the forums and Bushido.

May we enquire, how did you hear about/find us?

Thanks,

Studio.

Thankssmiley

Beasts of War website. I hadn't been on there for a while, and was just browsing through, when I came accross some pics of the Bushido Miniatures, and thought they looked cool. Clicked the link and found myself here. After looking around, I downloaded the rule book and signed up on the forum.

Read through the rule book last night, and I really like the combat system. I can also see how synergies between models can really develop and be a key to playing this game well.

It's enough for me to order a couple of starter sets. The big problem now is which ones, coz I do like them all.cool

Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend.

Kahunadave
Kahunadave's picture

Hi, my name is Dave, but everyone calls me Kahuna. I live in Worcester in the UK and I'm lucky enough to have my own Gaming room and a great local Gaming club. I love to play many, many different games of many genres. Confrontation used to be my skirmish game of choice, but with Rackams demise I've been searching with a replacement. 

I've never liked the uber competiveness of Warmachine  so a year ago I found Malifaux,fell in love with it and have been perfectly happy. That was until the UK Games Expo. One enthusiastic mate, a great demo on a beautiful board and several starter sets later I find myself ready to take the plunge head first.

We have our first games planned for the end of the month,(I don't like to play with unpainted figures hence the delay). I will be using the Perfecture. Pics will be up in the near future, mean while feel free to check out our painting blog at www.paintemall.co.uk

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Will have a look straight after writing this, looking forward to hearing how your first game goes!

the man
the man's picture

Hi, misguided thirty-something married with kids still playing with toy soldiers here.  Name's Dylan, residing in sunny Shrophire, UK.

Missed the uk expo but someone I know made it and came back frothing at the mouth over this game.  I have already downloaded the rules and cards and currently waiting upon delivery of the Savage starter.

Other games are Hordes, Malifaux, Infinity and ATZ, though nowhere as often as I'd like, and I have a grand host of mostly unpainted minis to support them.

I read a lot of posts but tend only to remark or ask daft questions on rare occasion.

Slipping on messes you made when I hit you makes me more excitable.

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hey Dylan,  Welcome aboard, feel free to ask daft questions to your hearts content. Good choice of starter by the way yes

"To a real warrior, power perceived may be power achieved."

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Hmmm Master T, true enlightenment will be found following the way of the monks and the teachings of the revered Master Ekusa. Perhaps you should take master out of your name... you're clearly an Oni in disguise.

Corpsesmith
Corpsesmith's picture

Hey all,

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello! I'm Phil from Shropshire and I am doubtless the returnee mouth frother that the man was refering to in his earlier post. 

I'd seen Bushido on TGN a couple of times but was able to have a proper look at it during last weeks Games Expo and was v impressed by what I saw (those tables were beautiful!).  Always had a love of feudal Japan/Nippon so this game was a little like mana from heaven for me!

I'm a big boardgamer (got somewhere approaching 100 of 'em) which is why I went to the Expo, however tabletop games and minis have always been a big interest of mine.  Originally cut my teeth on GW's 40k (Necrons) and Fantasy (Lizardmen) more years ago than I really want to dwell on. However now I play Hordes (Circle), Warmachine (Cygnar) as well as Malifaux (Neverborn- Dreamer/Lord Chompy Bits crew) and Osprey/ Ambush Alley Games' Force on Force.

I've ordered a Cult of Yurei starter (and your SW too Dsmiley) and I can't wait to get my hands on them.  I may even post up pics of them painted, if I feel my paint jobs are good enough...

Finally, I'm likely to be the one who uses 5 words instead of 1 when it comes to posting...

Warning: May become grumpy when drunk

the man
the man's picture

You following me, P?  ;-)

Corpsesmith
Corpsesmith's picture
the man wrote:

You following me, P?  ;-)

In yer forum quoting yer postz...

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Welcome Phil, thankyou for 'frothering'? about the game. Enjoy the starters, if you check the home page there's the art for the next Cult release up, although if you were at Expo you've probably seen the model already :)

Corpsesmith
Corpsesmith's picture

and very nice (if that's the right word to describe a giant jawbone wielding rat thing) it was too...

Zatoichi
Zatoichi's picture

Hi all

My name is Julian and I am from Shropshire, I have been gaming for..... perhaps too long and I am going to play the Prefecture of Ryu.

I have always been looking for that perfect Imperialist Japan themed skirmish group and suitable game to go with it, it appears I have found both!!!

Very much looking forward to receiving my Prefecture of Ryu group soon and cannot wait to both play the game and get those miniatures painted in all their finery. Well don GCT.

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Thanks Julian and welcome to 'Bushido'.

Probably more suitable for the painting section but have you decided on a colour scheme?

the man
the man's picture

@Zatoichi

Caesar?  Is that you?

D.

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Hi Julian 

Welcome to the boards, are you a member of a club or have friends who have already bought? I only ask as it might be hard to play with only one faction, although i imagine you've a good chance of winning cheeky

dgraz
dgraz's picture

No shame in playing with yourself....I mean by yourself.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
My Photobucket Page = http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/grazclan2/

Corpsesmith
Corpsesmith's picture

If Julian is who I think he is, then he was another victim of my post expo game frothing and will have at least two opponents with me and my Cult starter and the man and his Savage Wave lot...

Zatoichi
Zatoichi's picture

Hi

Yes Corpesmith and the man it is me, which means that thankfully I will not be playing with myself!

As for a colour scheme I am very much in favour of green, possibly jade and/or emerald colours so we shall see although I am not totally decided yet. I will note my progress in the painting section when the time comes.

the man
the man's picture
Zatoichi wrote:

As for a colour scheme I am very much in favour of green, possibly jade and/or emerald colours so we shall see although I am not totally decided yet. I will note my progress in the painting section when the time comes.

Not orange, then?  wink

Zatoichi
Zatoichi's picture

You know, perhaps I will! wink  ....

No not really.

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

A warm welcome to all our new forum members and 'Bushido' players.

An especially big welcome to Mr Nathan!

Ret-Deathjester
Ret-Deathjester's picture

Hi all. I'm Carl and originally from lancashire but now reside in Cambridgeshire (thanks to the military) huge board and wargamer for 30 odd years but now mostly play Malifaux, Eden, MERCS (demoing at Colours in Newbury in September) Infinity, Dystopian Wars and Dust Tactics.

Been a History nut all my life and studied Samurai history and mythology mostly in the Sengoku Jidai period and an avid reader of Stephen Turnbull's work.

So naturally had to get involved in this game. The miniatures are gorgeous. The rules seem fairly fluid. I know at present they are quick start rules and really look forward to a full published rulebook. Just ordered my first factions. Prefecture of Ryu and Savage Wave. Who could not want Samurai/Demon smackdowns. The cult look nice but still not sold on the monks at the moment.

I was fantastic! And it was a bloody good laugh!
Cult 1 - Savage Wave 0

http://www.hittingonadouble1.blogspot.co.uk/

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Welcome aboard Carl, which of the two factions are you planning to play?

Ret-Deathjester

As I'm going to try an introduce Bushido to Huntingdon wargames club I'll be swapping back and forth playing both factions. But knowing my incessant obsessiveness like with Malifaux I'll probably end up with all the factions and try and round robin the games I play.

Still need a bit of persuasion on the Monks though. Sorry

Cult 1 - Savage Wave 0

Claymore
Claymore's picture

@deathjester " the monks are the faction you are looking for..." Maybe spend a bit more time in contemplation? What is it about them you are not feeling?

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Hey Carl welcome to 'Bushido', I'm sure in our planned release schedule there will be plenty to tear you between all the factions!

Ret-Deathjester

And I totally look forward to it. Think at mo the Monks starter although wonderful models and concepts just don't suit my play style.

Cult 1 - Savage Wave 0

Ret-Deathjester

Then again release some No Dachi wielding Ikko-Ikki and I'm there!!!!

Cult 1 - Savage Wave 0

Corpsesmith
Corpsesmith's picture
Deathjester wrote:

Hi all. I'm Carl and originally from lancashire but now reside in Cambridgeshire (thanks to the military) huge board and wargamer for 30 odd years but now mostly play Malifaux, Eden, MERCS (demoing at Colours in Newbury in September) Infinity, Dystopian Wars and Dust Tactics.

Wotcha!

Big boardgamer myself too, what do you play?  Also I recognise the names of the other games you play but not MERCS at the risk of derailing this thread further- which game is it?

GCT Master T
GCT Master T's picture

Bakemono with big Swords ummmmm? 

Lupus
Lupus's picture

Well how do I intro myself I guess it's reasonably easy.

My name is Lupus I'm going to be known by a few people here I run UKCORD which is a every growing wargames community.

I've been wargaming a long while and ahve published my own rules oddly in Japanese historical period so I fair bit of Knowledge in the area I guess.

I'm also going to be writing a review of Bushido for The Ancible (http://the-ancible.com/)

Generally Speaking, The Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of Death.

Miyamato Musahi 1584-1645

Akira667
Akira667's picture

Hey Guys

My names Simon and im from the north east of england near abouts darlington, i actually run a gaming club every saturday and hopefully beable to introduce some Bushido games into the club =)

really love the look of the game and cant wait to give it a go

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Lupus, welcome to the forum.

Akira, hi, what factions you thinking of starting out with?

Valthrax

Kris here and I am a (for want of a better description) a veteran gamer. Stumbled upon bushido at the game expo and brought every model available after one intro game - just because it filled tje hole that the passing of confrontation left and i generally love skirmish games of all sorts.

Big malfeux fan, and play modt game systems - getting to the age now where modelling is more important than the best build for an army, gang , team or faction

Currently spreading the word and grtting all my gaming community onto byshido

This act of aggression must be met with swift and cruel ferocity, it is time to cry "havoc" and let slip the dogs of war

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Good work Kris, if I remember rightly you (American football shirt?) were very enthusiastic on the day, 6 starter sets between you and your friends!

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Valthrax

That was me played couple games already and leaning toward monks as fsvourite

This act of aggression must be met with swift and cruel ferocity, it is time to cry "havoc" and let slip the dogs of war

Kahunadave
Kahunadave's picture

I love it when you find a new game for me to kick your butt at. 

Valthrax

Ah ever the optomist

Its all part of the masterplan - put you into a false sense of security

Hayabus
Hayabus's picture

Funny, the topic says the thread is four pages but were now on page two and this is the last post (so far)

Anyway welcome to all the new Bushido enthusiasts 

ClockworkLemon
ClockworkLemon's picture

Hi everyone,

My name's Damien, and I hail from Tasmania, Australia.  I've been playing various wargames for about 10 years now.  Started with 40k and Fantasy, and have now moved on to Warmachine and Infinity.  A mate of mine recently discovered Bushido, and got a few guys from our gaming club interested.

Right now we've got four guys keen to play, and we're each getting a different starter box.  The plan is to have ourselves a little painting challenge once the minis arrive, 2 weeks to have them assembled, painted and ready to play.

Reaper
Reaper's picture

Welcome Clockwork Lemon. Always good to have more Aussie's onboard.

Which faction are you going to use?

ClockworkLemon
ClockworkLemon's picture
Ret-Reaper wrote:

Welcome Clockwork Lemon. Always good to have more Aussie's onboard.

Which faction are you going to use?

I ended up going with Savage Wave.  It actually ended up working out quite well for us, we have four guys interested, and we all pretty much picked a different faction.  Being last in for dibs on a faction meant that I had to take Wave if we wanted all four of them, but as I was already leaning that way, it wasn't really a problem.

KDLynch
KDLynch's picture

Hi, and welcome, Clockwork, and all other newcomers! :)

"what color did you use, red with a black wash?"

GCT xoddsx
GCT xoddsx's picture

Welcome,

Clockwork, get your fine Australian selves painting and enter our painting competition, some first wave releases up for grabs.

Ret-Deathjester

Welcome to Bushido and the boards.

Cult 1 - Savage Wave 0

Pages